Frequently Asked Questions?

Do I need a consultation?

It depends. You should request for a consultation if you are unsure of the country or program of choice.

While we encourage the use of the web portal for all service request, the CPS program is an optional service aimed at individuals who prefers a private one-on-one support of the entire application process without having to use the dashboard. Client would still need to request for this service on the portal.

Most institutions offer flexible format semesters otherwise known as rolling admissions while others have strict deadlines. As a result of the increase in the number of international applications received at various institutions, we advise that you apply as soon as you are ready, so that you can be considered for the next available intake for your program.

As we continue to make strategic partnerships with various institutions, if your preferred school is not listed on the portal, please simply request a consultation or contact us via email or online chat to let us know. We will provide necessary guidance for your preferred school and programs.

Send only the requested documents and check your email frequently for any additional requests. Do not send unsolicited documents. Submitting excess material will delay the processing of your application.

Your application will be complete when you have submitted all requested application materials. If you have submitted all requirements, and it is determined that more information is needed in order to decide on your application, we will contact you. You can also login to the portal to check the progress of your application. The application status check will indicate if we have received your application, if we have reviewed your application, or if more information is needed from you.

We process applications as soon as all documents and payments are received. Please note that International applications are reviewed in the order completed, and decisions are generally made within eight weeks.

You may need to take either the IELTS, TOEFL or Duolingo test. This will depend on the program of choice or the country of destination. If you are seeking to be considered for scholarship or financial aid, we recommend you take an English proficiency test. We will advise on the required test if applicable.

Most schools offer academic based and merit scholarships to international students. A few schools offer financial aid to international students. Please let us know if you would like to be considered for an academic or merit-based scholarship or financial aid. Note that, you will only be considered after you have been offered a seat in a program.

The value of your credit transfer depends on how similar your courses are to the ones at the new institution and / or how the courses you’ve taken fit in with the requirements of the new program. There are also several factors that institutions consider when granting a credit transfer, including whether you have met the grade requirements for a course or achieved minimum GPA for a program, as well as how long ago you completed a course or program. Colleges and universities also have something called residency policies, which require you to complete a certain percentage of a program at their institution in order to receive your credential there.

After you’ve been accepted, you’ll need to have your credits evaluated. The credit evaluation process varies between institutions, but will likely include completing a transfer credit application, providing an official transcript from your previous institution and creating a detailed outline of the courses you want to transfer and providing the course syllabus. Some institutions may charge a fee for credit evaluation.

The credit evaluation process can take several weeks depending on the time of year. Once your credits have been evaluated, you will be contacted by the institution with the results.

Note that not all schools allow credit transfers.

In most cases, you can defer your admission if it is within the same academic year. You may have to re-apply if the deferred intake is a new academic year. We however, do not advise deferring programs as spaces may be full at the time of your request to defer your admission.

For most schools, it is not mandatory. A tuition deposit must be paid if it is requested by the school on your conditional offer and before a seat can be reserved. Please refer to your offer letter for information for tuition deposits and payment methods. We highly recommend payment of tuition for students attending schools in Canada if the school permits. It helps in determining your sincere interest and a major contribution in obtaining your student visa/permit. Deposits are deducted from your total tuition upon arrival. In an unfortunate event that you are denied visa, your deposit would be refunded per the school’s policies.

In most cases, Yes. Except for your first year as an international student in some elementary and high schools, most post-secondary institutions allow a semester by semester tuition payment. In order words, you only pay for the number of credits you are registered for. You can also pay your housing on a semester basis or as agreed upon in your housing contract.

In most cases, it is possible to change your degree program within the same university, but you would have to go through the whole process of application for a change of degree/course. It is also possible to change your university but that would also mean going through the whole process of application from scratch. The process might proof a little difficult but it is common.

The IB program is a two-year program that requires students to study courses across all disciplines. It is aimed at students in grades 10 to 12. The program provides an internationally accepted qualification for entry into higher education and is recognized by many universities worldwide. Students who completes the IB program also receives the high school diploma. Some universities recruit IB students and offer special scholarships, transfer credits and other incentives.

Students with IB Diplomas who now attend universities report that their involvement with IB has given them the tools needed to make the most of their post-secondary education. In particular, students comment on their sense of preparedness, their self-confidence, their research skills, their ability to manage their time, and their willingness to be actively engaged in their own learning.

Advanced Placement (AP) is a program in the United States and Canada which offers college-level curricula and examinations to high school students. It allows students to earn college or university credits in high school classes. Qualified high school students are engaged in studies of university level material in AP courses, and are given an opportunity to show their mastery of the skills and material by writing an AP exam. The AP program focuses on teaching students how to learn, how to analyze, and how to reach reasoned conclusions.

Both programs have rigorous academic standards and will help the student prepare for college. The AP program is American (US and Canada) based and is very subject focused. The international IB program takes a holistic approach to learning. Most American high school students participate in the AP program.

In summary, the AP program is American based and provides courses that high school students can take for college. The IB course is international based and provides an integrated approach to learning. The biggest difference between AP and IB is that AP is more popular and useful for an American (US and Canada) high school student.

Students are free to choose from a variety of housing options, including on-campus residence halls, and a variety of privately-owned residence halls, apartments, houses, and condos that surround campuses. We recommend first-year minor students to live on campus for at least the first year.

Adapting to a new educational system may be a challenge for some international students. Programs offering pathway options usually have academic and social support for international students during their first year of studies. Pathway programs are the same as the first year for every university program usually taken on the university campus, but with smaller classes and guidance in adapting to a new culture and country. Students will have same access to university amenities including libraries, gymnasiums, computer laboratories etc. Students will usually move to the second year of their undergraduate program upon completion of the first-year pathway program with ease and full integration into the society.

MOAF Consulting

Empowering Future Generations